LEARN : Purpose of detailed estimate,Use of estimation,computing the quantities,purpose of estimate,use of estimate,what is estimate.purpose of estimating and costing,what is the use of estimating and costing,what is the purpose of estimate,define purpose and uses of estimate
Purposes of detailed estimate | The Use of estimation
Purposes of detailed estimate
• In Government Organisation, a detailed estimate is required for obtaining technical sanction from the competent authorities for the proposed work.
• A detailed estimate is also required for the preparation of contract (agreement) document.
• The detailed estimates serve as a guide during the execution of the work.
• It helps in computing the quantities of materials required and labour to be employed for the completion of various items of construction.
• It is very useful in the efficient planning and programming of all activities required for the speedy completion of the work.
• It enables to prepare bar-chart, material schedules etc. for the work.
The Use of estimation
• To get appropriate idea of the proposed work before its execution.
• It helps in working out the quantities of various materials required and also in preparation of material schedules.
• The labour force required for various items of construction can be worked out considering the specified work time.
• The various types of tools, plants and machinery required for the work can be ascertained.
• It helps in the preparation of bar-charts and cash flow schedules etc. for the speedy completion of the work.
• The overall economy in the completion of the project can also be achieved by the judicious combination of the various activities.