Building Drawing Introduction
- Drawing is the language of engineers.
- An engineer must be well conversant with drawings.
- Drawings represent reduced shape of structure and the owner will be able to see what is going to happen.
- Drawings are prepared as per the requirements of owner.
- In case of public buildings, the functional aspects are studied and accordingly the drawings are prepared as per recommendations laid down in National Building Code (N.B.C) or as per Indian Standard specifications.
- Any modifications like additions or omissions can be suggested from a study of the drawings before actual construct the structure accordingly.
- In case of public buildings or any other civil engineering works, it is essential to work out different construction of the structure is started.
- Drawings provide a language with specific data to Architects, Engineers and workmen at the site to parts and different views are essential so that the approval of work from the sanctioning items of construction with their quantities for estimating the total cost of construction project.
- For this purpose, drawings of different authority can be obtained.
Further, the detailed drawings form an essential contract document, when the work is handed over to a contractor.
- Hence it is necessary to prepare detailed drawings, which will inform the contractor, the exact information, which he needs during the construction of different items of work. Drawings, thus prepared should be kept carefully even after the completion of work.
- Thus, it becomes asses the possibility of further vertical expansion by referring to the foundation details initially provided