Skip to content
Drainage of ground water
DRAINAGE OF GROUND WATER
- This term is used for extracting water table, with the help of wells, springs, infiltration galleries etc.
- The ground water is drained either under a natural process like springs, or it may be drained artificially by constructing wells etc.
- The water so drained may be used to fulfil the domestic, municipal, industrial, and irrigation requirements.
- The ground water is a very large and important National Resource exploited in our country for different uses.
- Although this source has been heavily tapped, still research in this direction has been nominal.
- There is need of more research work fuller and wiser use of this resource may be made in future.