Skip to content
ESTIMATION OF DEMANDS AND OPTIMAL RESERVOIR OPERATION
- It has already been discusse to how the reservoir capacity is determine for some specific demand and vice versa.
- The demand may remain constant throughout the year or may be varying from time to time.
- Demand pattern from a reservoir actually depends upon the purpose for which the reservoir has been made.
- Hence it is obvious that demand will vary for different types of reservoirs.
- Moreover, the demands are man-made, and if need be, they can be adjusted in such a way that maximum benefits are derived from the reservoir.
- If by slightly varying the demands, lot of savings can bemade then we must go in for that.
- This aspect is known as optimal planning for reservoirs. It involves economic considerations.