DETERMINE YIELD FOR A RESERVOIR OF GIVEN CAPACITY
- In this case also first of all prepare a mass inflow curve.
- Near the same diagram draw various straight lines from a common origin representing various rates of demand.
- From the apices points A1, A2, A3 etc., of mass inflow curve, draw tangents in such a way that their maximum vertical intercept from the mass curve does not exceed the given reservoir capacity.
- Thus C1D1,C2D2, C3D3 etc., are all equal to the reservoir capacity.
- (Say 2500 hectare-metre). Now measure the slopes, of each of these tangents.
- The slopes indicate the demand or yield that can be achieved in each year from the reservoir of given capacity.
- The slope of the flattest demand line is the safe or firm yield of the reservoir.