Skip to content
ECONOMIC HEIGHT OF THE DAM
- It is that height of the dam, corresponding to which the cost of the dam per unit of storage is minimum.
- This requires estimates of construction cost for several heights of dam and also the corresponding storages in the reservoir.
- For each dam height, the reservoir storage is know.
- Draw the curve between dam heights and their corresponding costs of construction
- Now work out the construction cost per unit storage for all the dam heights and plot a curve
- The lowest point on this curve gives the height of dam for which the cost per unit of storage is minimum and hence adopt the most economical.