SILTING POWER OF RESERVOIRS
- For reservoirs construct only for power generation, silting is not as important for the reservoirs construct for irrigation, and water supply.
- This is due to the fact that for running turbines a minimum head of water is required.
- So long this head is available the working of power reservoir is not affected.
- Obviously, if the silting has affected the minimum capacity of the reservoir required for generation of power, the generation.
- Hence while silting of the reservoir is not affecting the head of water over the turbines, it is certainly affect.