PROFILE OF HIGH MASONRY GRAVITY DAM
- Mr. G. Molesworth gave the following formulae for fixing.
- These formulae are applicable for masonry gravity dams only.
But value of x should not exceed y ρ at any cost
- x = D/S offset from the vertical line also known as axis of the dam at a depth y below the maximum reservoir level.
- Z = U/S offset from the vertical line at a depth y metres.
- b1 = Base width of the dam at 4 h below the full reservoir level.
- a = Thickness of the dam at the full reservoir level. It is taken as 0.4 b1.
- pa = Allowable compressive stress for masonry in t/m2, the value of which may vary between 77 to 110 t/m2.