Skip to content
TAINTER GATES OR RADIAL GATES
- This gate is in the form of a sector of a circle. A curved plate is use to support water.
- The curved plate is given adequate support by a frame work of steel sections.
- The gate remains hinged at the piers, on both the ends.
- This gate can thus rotate about horizontal axis.
- Water pressure is ultimately transferr to the piers, through bearings fix in piers.
- The tales are generally very heavy and can be lifte or lowere with the help of power driven winches only.