U.S.B.R. DRUM GATES
- This gate remains hinged at the top of the crest of the spillway.
- This gate when open i.e. when not in position remains swung into a ditch formed at the crest of the spillway.
- In open position drum of the gate itself forms the crest of the spillway while the framework supporting the skin plate remains in the ditch. See Fig. 14.22 dotted position.
- The gate remains hinged at point A.
- The gates is put in closed position with the help of power driven winches only.
BEAR TRAP GATE
- This gate consists of two parts, one part slipping over the other for some length.
- It is mostly use for low Navigation dams.