BED WIDTH AND DEPTH RELATIONSHIP
- Kennedy’s theory does not give any importance to B/D ratio.
- The very large number of sections with varying B/D ratio and all satisfying the C.V.R. are possible by this theory.
- But all these sections cannot be equally satisfactory.
- This drawback of Kennedy’s theory was made good to some extent by Mr.
- Woods, who gave B/D ratio table for various discharges.
- In Uttar Pradesh (U.P.) bed width, and depth are related by following equation.
(i) For discharge of the channel up to 15 cumec
(ii) For discharge of 15 cumecs and above depths for various discharges should be as follows.