- It is a special type of irrigation practiced in some parts of Maharashtra.
- It is essentially a minor irrigation scheme consisting of diversion weir walls across small streams.
- Small canals taking-off from the U/S of the weirs and commanding small tracks of lands.
- The bandhara irrigation scheme is very economical and by constructing a number of such structures in series across minor streams.
- The irrigation facilities can be economically extended to large areas.
Continue Reading Bandhara irrigation